Biscuits are a comfort food that is loved by everyone, isn’t it? They are usually taken with tea or coffee and sometimes on its own as well. Making them is quite simple. Here we have a super easy and a wonderful recipe for you.
• 1 cup Flour. • ½ tbsp Baking Powder. • ¼ cup unsalted butter. • ¼ cup milk. • Salt.
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees centigrade.
2. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add butter to it and make a mixture that resembles crumbs.
4. Pour milk into the bowl. Mix in milk until the dough is soft.
5. Take the dough out on a flour-dusted surface and knead light-handedly.
6. Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick sheet and cut with the help of a cookie cutter or bottle cap.
7. Keep biscuits on greased baking sheets and bake in preheated oven until they turn golden brown, it should take about 9-10 minutes.
8. Let them cool on a cooling rack as they are soft when just out of the oven and might break easily. As they cool down slowly they become more firm, and after they are completely cooled you can enjoy them instantly or store them in an airtight container for up to a month.
Although if your schedule doesn't allow you the time to prepare biscuits on your own there are some really top class and delicious biscuits available in the market. Some of them are Marie biscuits, Parle Biscuits, Britannia Biscuits, Oreo Biscuits, Unibic Biscuits, Sunfeast biscuits, etc.
Gluten Free Biscuits and Their Benefits:
Removing gluten from your diet especially if you are intolerant to it or suffer from Coeliac disease is beneficial. Gluten free biscuits can help with your snack cravings and has a number of benefits as well. Here we list out benefits of having Gluten free biscuits:
• Help you manage your weight as they don’t tend to spike your insulin levels which is the main reason behind gaining weight.
• Make your digestive system stronger.
• Do not spike up insulin levels, so it is good for people suffering from diabetes.
• Your body absorbs nutrients more efficiently.
• Improve your metabolism and thus improve your overall health.
• Does not make you feel tired as it happens when we eat high gluten foods.
Digestive biscuits are biscuits that are rich in fiber. These are semi-sweet in taste. They were given the name digestive because earlier it was believed that because they had sodium bicarbonate in them they helped with the stomach acidity. The main ingredient in it is whole wheat flour, which gives it the particularly peculiar taste and texture. Some of these might have oats in it as well. These have a texture and taste similar to graham crackers so you can also substitute them if needed in a recipe. Each biscuit has around 65 calories in it.
Digestive Biscuits Benefits:
Digestive biscuits have the following benefits:
• They are whole grain so help people who are suffering from diabetes. • They are also low in sodium, so they help in maintaining your blood pressure levels. • Although they are not a very rich source of fiber, they help you reach your daily requirement of fiber to some extent.
Sugar free biscuits:
As the name suggests these are the kind of biscuits which do not have sugar in them, instead some kind of artificial sweeteners are used to make these. Make sure not to confuse these with “No sugar added” biscuits. Both are very different from each other. They are especially good for patients who are suffering from high sugar levels and also who are pre-diabetic.
Sugar free biscuit benefits:
• These are low in calories and help with maintaining weight. • It is well known that high sugar foods remove nutrients from the body, so by having these biscuits, one can lower their risk of illness and diseases. • They help you with your sugar cravings that require nutrients to metabolize it. • Sugar free biscuits don’t spike your insulin levels and thus don’t make you feel sleepy or tired and keep your energy levels high. • As they don’t contain sugar which can convert to fat in the body, these biscuits help you in weight reduction. • They help you maintain your oral health as sugar is one of the main reasons for dental caries and sugar free biscuits don’t harm your teeth in any way. • They can be a good option for people who are suffering from pre-diabetes or diabetes as they cut down on calories and thus help in maintaining insulin levels in the body.