Buttermilk is actually a liquid dairy product produced from milk. It is produced when the butter is separated out from the cream of milk. This type of buttermilk is called Natural or Traditional Buttermilk as it is not prepared from any preservatives. Traditional Buttermilk is quite sour and slightly thicker than other available Buttermilk. In, various parts of India Buttermilk is used in large amounts for making various recipes.
As mentioned above, Buttermilk is created from milk. It is in fact the residual liquid that is left after the butter is churned out of cream. Although, Buttermilk is easily available in shops and online stores but, it can be created from various processes very easily. Preparation of Buttermilk is as below:
●Step 1: At first, Fill a jar halfway with heavy cream. Then, screw the lid on firmly for sometime. After that, Start shaking the jar up and down. After several minutes, the cream will thicken and turn into whipped cream.
●Step 2: Keep shaking the jar until the whipped cream is replaced with a yellow cream. That yellow glob is actually butter.
●Step 3: Now, separate the liquid from the thick butter. The separate liquid is our Buttermilk. Use the formed butter for any other purposes you want.
Buttermilk is a very common drink in Indian Household and it's not because of its better flavour and its extremely good taste. It is because of the benefits that Buttermilk can provide to your body very efficiently. Buttermilk has many benefits because of its active ingredients. The Benefits of drinking or using Buttermilk daily are:
1) It Contains every Essential Macronutrients that helps the body balance.
2) Buttermilk has a Cooling Effect On The Digestive Tract and thus, it helps in decreasing gas and acidity.
3) Presence of essential vitamins in Buttermilk strengthens the Body’s Skeletal Frame.
4) It also helps in Washing Down Oily Food.
5) Also helps the food Digestion And Treats Stomach Ailments.
6) Being prepared from butter and milk it is effective Against Dehydration.
7) Presence of Vitamin K in Buttermilk provides Calcium Without any active Fat
8) Highly Rich In Vitamins:
9) Beneficial to the Food taken at the same time.
10) Presence of Riboflavin in Buttermilk Helps Detoxify The Body.
11) It Also helps in decreasing the Blood Pressure.
12) Assists In Lowering Cholesterol and thus, also prevents Heart Attacks.
13) It Controls Stomach Acidity
14)Eases Constipation and helps in decreasing it.
15) Helps To Lose Weight.
16) Buttermilk aids in Building Body Mass and also provides a better physique.
17) It also have various Culinary Applications.
18) It Pro-biotics the Benefit Gastrointestinal Tract.
19) Buttermilk synthesize several vitamins.
20) It Assist in digestion.
21) Buttermilk Enhance Immunity and thus, provides power to immune system.
22) It also builds nutrients.
23) Helps in countering many cardiovascular diseases.
24) It Defends against carcinogens.
25) Buttermilk is also used For Skin Care And for making Cosmetics:
26) It Raises Immune Levels By Warding Off Illnesses.
27) Buttermilk does a Natural Therapy Against Ulcers and Treats that fully.
28) It is very Active Against Thrush.
29) It is very Useful Against Sunburns and also helps in decreasing sunburns fast.
30) Buttermilk Can Be Used To Treat Haemorrhoids.
The most popular Buttermilk Recipe is Chaas. It is actually Buttermilk itself.It can be prepared very easily just like Buttermilk. The active ingredients are: Mint leaves, Green Chilli, Coriander Leaves, Ginger, Yogurt, Curd, Hing, Salt, Cusmin Powder, Lemon Juice, Water and Ice-cubes.
It can be prepared easily as by blendering mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilli and ginger After than adding 1 cup thick curd. now, additionally add generous amount of Hing, cumin powder and salt. And also add lemon juice. After that add 1 cup of water and blend frothy. Now, transfer the buttermilk to the large jug and add in ice cubes.Mix them gently and Your Drink is ready.
Buttermilk is a very good drink and a very useful liquid too. But, it can be real hard sometimes to make natural Buttermilk at home because of the processes it involves. So, there are some Substitutes available for Buttermilk that you can use in place of Buttermilk and they are very easily available too. They are:
1) The Acidified Milk
2) Watered Down Yogurt
3) Waterer Down Sour Cream
5) The Cream Of Tartar AND Milk
Although, These cannot give you the exact flavour and taste of Buttermilk but they can treated as a substitute.
The price of an average 1L packet of Buttermilk is ₹60. This price may varies with manufacturing brands.
In India, Many firms manufactures Buttermilk at a very large scale. The most popular of them is Amul Buttermilk. Amul Company provides Buttermilk in various flavours like Pouch Buttermilk, Mastispice Buttermilk, Refreshing Buttermilk etc. Their Plants are mainly in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. The Amul Buttermilk have a very elegant taste and flavour that makes it so popular in India. Buttermilk in hindi is known as Chhach and it is very popular drink in Indian Rural Region and becoming very popular in other parts of india due to its numerous benefits
Buttermilk is a very healthy, refreshing fluid that lowers body heat, particularly once the temperature is soaring and also the sun is thrashing down unrelentingly. Buttermilk cause you to feel cool even on the most popular summer’s day. Carboxylic acid, the most constituent during this drink develops the system of the physical structure and keeps it match against diseases and microorganism infections. Buttermilk is additionally a crucial food in weight loss diet, because it has all essential nutrients and vitamins and calories. It aids digestion and helps maintain water balance and a decent, healthy epithelial duct.