Energy drink might not be an unheard term. Millions might be drinking a can of Red Bull energy drink while you are reading this article. You too must have had a can of energy drink once in your lifetime. There are many athletes who rely on this energetic formula that's packed in a can. The main purpose of these drinks is to boost your endurance and make you extremely active in stimulating you mentally and physically. There are many options available in the market that may or may not contain sugar caffeine or other chemicals. More or less the motive of each of them is to enhance your performance.
Contents of Major Energy Drink brands like RedBull, Monster, Rockstar etc.
What are the ingredients that provide you so much endurance and enhances you both mentally and physically, let's find out the top 5 of those!
1) Caffeine: It's one of the most widely used drugs on this planet, apart from being in your coffee, of course! It works as a stimulant and makes your nervous system more alert. Most energy drinks contain around 70-200mg caffeine per can. More than that is not advisable.
2) Taurine: A type of amino acid that's naturally made by our body. However many energy drinks have this as their active ingredient as it improves energy levels, regulates heartbeat and promotes easy muscle contractions. Studies have shown that taurine can help blood flow, oxygen supply and increases the effectiveness of heart contractions.
3) Guarana: A very good source of caffeine, this South American plant is used most often instead of coffee beans because it is denser in caffeine than coffee beans. It has the same effect on the body as caffeine but in a larger quantity.
4) Ginseng: A medicinal herb that is believed to increase energy, relieve stress and make you super active. The recommended dosage is usually 200mg/day for adults and not meant for the consumption of children.
5) Sugar: The ingredient that is used by almost every other energy drink brand is this sweet crystal. When it goes in the body, breaks down into glucose and provides a boost of energy.
What are the best uses of Energy Drinks Like Red Bull ?
1) More Energy: The name itself tells that energy drink is made to provide energy to your body, increase alertness and boosts productivity.
2) A good source of additional supplements: Supplements like B Vitamins, taurine, ginseng, and glucuronolactone are added for the long-lasting endurance and activeness during any physical activity.
3) Fast recovery: After any sports or an intense training, the body is tired and needs long rest in order to recover the lost energy. But drinking a single can of energy drink can recover the body much faster than anything else.
4) Zero Calorie options: For the calorie, concious people, zero calorie energy drinks are a great way to become more energetic with relatively fast recovery speed then coffee.
5) Refreshing: Many people refer to have energy drinks in place of coffee or tea because of the refreshing effect on the brain. This refreshing effect is carried out because of the carbonation present in these drinks.
##The Energy drinks is a multi-billion dollar industry. Be it RedBull Energy drinks, NOS energy drinks, Monster Energy, Rockstar or any other, their main aim is same: ENERGY !