Jaggery is an Indian sweetener which is made from sugarcane. It is concentrated product of sugarcane or also known as unrefined sugar which is prepared without the separation of crystals and molasses. It carries 20% invert sugar, 50% sucrose and 20% moisture. The color of jaggery (Gur) ranges from light golden brown to a dark brown. It is a healthy replacement for sugar because it is unprocessed. Jaggery would give you a sweetness along with different tasty flavor if we mixed it with other ingredients like condensed milk, peanuts, coconut etc while sugar would just give you a sweetness only.
Jaggery in Hindi:
Jaggery in Hindi is known as Gudh.
• If the person is suffering from pain and aches in your body or joints then eating jaggery (Gur) with a glass of milk gives you a lot of relief in your pain and makes your bones more strong or preventing bones problems such as arthritis.
• Jaggery helps to control blood pressure as we know that jaggery contains sodium and potassium which plays a vital role to maintain an acid level in our body.
• It has an ability to purify the blood if we take it on a regular basis in a limited quantity and it also works as a blood cleanser and leaving your body healthy one.
• Jaggery helps to clean our liver by flushing out the bad toxins from our body and it also activates the digestive enzymes present in our body, thus helps to prevent and relieve constipation.
• Jaggery is enriched with many essential nutrients and these nutrients are effective to treat menstrual problem naturally and providing a relief from cramps and pain during your periods.
• Jaggery is very effective as an aid for weight loss as it contains potassium that helps in the balance of electrolytes and able to boost metabolism.
• As we all know that jaggery is rich in iron, potassium, and folate that helps to prevent anemia by maintaining the red blood cells to the normal value.
• It is very useful to fight with cold and cough and boost the immunity in our body as jaggery contains lots of minerals and antioxidants like zinc, potassium, selenium, iron etc., which are able to help from free-radical damage. It also helps to increase the haemoglobin in the blood and boost the resistance against infections.
• Eating Jaggery with sesame seeds can prevent many respiratory problems such as Bronchitis, Asthma etc. It also helps us in maintain the normal body temperature which makes our stomach cool.
• Jaggery boosts the intestinal strength because of magnesium enriched in it. It is the best cleansing agents for the body to remove unwanted particles from the body and jaggery is a good source of energy because carbohydrate gets absorbed into the bloodstream and gives us an instant energy and prevents us from fatigue and weakness of the body.
• Eating jaggery with an Amla powder helps in the improvement of the quality of sperm and also helps in lowering the weakness of body and prevents urinary problems among men.
• Jaggery prevents Asthma and also helps to treat Hiccups. It also carries anti-allergic characteristics and helps in proper functioning of nervous system and keeps our system healthy.
Jagger is made or manufactured from sugarcane. First, we extract all the juice or sap from sugarcane with the help of machines. Then, we take this juice in a container so that any impurities or sediment is settled down at the bottom of containers to make the juice clear. Now, this cleared juice was taken in a pan and boiled for hours and juice is stirred constantly and slowly. During the process of stirring, the impurities of juice skimmed off the top until a thick yellow paste comes off in the pan. Then this paste is transferred in a huge bowl or a mold to make it cool until it becomes hard and then jaggery is ready. The color of jaggery is totally depended on the type of sugarcane and its juice being used.
The process of grating or crushing this jaggery into small tiny crystals to make a jaggery powder which is often used for many purposes like in functions, sweets, etc.
Carbohydrates, Sucrose, Fructose, Glucose, Protein, Sugar, Water, Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, Sodium, Phosphorus, Iron, Selenium, Folate, Vitamin B, Niacin etc.
Per 10 grams of Jaggery in one serving, below are some nutritional facts:
Sucrose- 7 grams
Fructose and Glucose- 1.5 grams
Carbohydrates- 9.8 grams
Protein- 0.01 grams
Water- 0.40 grams
Sugar- 9.7 grams
Total Calories- 38 percent
It contains about 98 percent of carbohydrates and 97 percent sugar content in it. So, in every 10 grams of jaggery, it provides 38 calories. It is also rich in potassium, sodium, iron, various vitamins, and minerals.
The Organic Jaggery is cultivated in organic farms which are spread across India without the use of chemical and fertilizers or pesticides. It is made up of sugarcane. Processing of organic jaggery is done by without using any kind of toxic chemicals. It is made from the process of evaporation of Sugarcane juice without the separation of molasses from the crystals. Organic Jaggery retains all minerals and vitamins because is unrefined. Hence, it is healthy and rich in nutrients.
As we all know now that jaggery is made up from Sugarcane and its powder is made from this jaggery after grater it. Jaggery Powder is easily dissolved in water because it has a soft texture. It is very good and healthy substitutes for refined sugar and can be easily used to be added to fresh juice, cookies, milk, chocolates, cakes, and so on.
Jaggery and its powder are available at various stores or you also buy it online through various online platforms at different prices with the best quality as well. A Jaggery products of Dhampure a good.