Poha is made up of Dehusked rice. It is an awesome and very famous dish for breakfast and made of beaten rice. Poha is delicious in taste and nutritious as well. It carries essential nutrients such as Protein, Carbohydrate, Fibre, Vitamins, Iron, Potassium, Sodium and other important vital minerals too which plays an important role in making our body healthy.
Poha is the Marathi term for flattened rice. Highly suitable to make a variety of breakfast and brunch preparations tastily and quickly, poha has a popular place in the Indian kitchens. Since poha soaks quickly, it can be used to prepare instant food stuffs of high nutritional value and delightful taste. We sell a broad range of instant poha from industry’s leading brands. Use them creatively to make a variety of preparations for quick breakfast and brunch menus. Try out poha recipe and delight your family. MTR poha is an instant poha mix ready to use. Read on to know how to make poha. Boil some potatoes. Soak poha just for a few minutes and rinse the water to keep it ready to cook. In a frying pan, heat two teaspoons of oil and add mustard seeds. Once they crackle, add cut green chili and chopped onions in the same order and cook till ready. Now add the smashed potatoes and required salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Add the poha kept ready and mix well on the pan. Once ready, serve it garnished with coriander and curry leaves. There are several other poha recipes too. You can put in a lot of innovation to derive as many dishes from poha as possible. We bring you top quality ready to use instant poha mix from several top brands like MTR poha. Buy from our online store from the comfort of your homes and delight in the delicious taste of this wonderful dish.
Poha in English
Poha is also known as Flattened rice or Rice flakes in English and sometimes it is often called as Chura, Dry flakes, and beaten rice.
Nutritional Facts or Calories in Poha:
Below are some beneficial nutritional facts of Poha per 100 grams of serving:
Protein: 2.34 grams
Carbohydrate: 18.8 grams
Fibre: 0.92 grams
Fat: 2.87 grams
Sugar: 0.50 grams
Poha Recipe or How to make Poha:
To make a delicious tasty Poha we will need these ingredients like 2 cups of Poha or flattened rice, Vegetable oil or Ghee (Choose it according to your taste), chopped onions, potatoes, peanuts or some dry fruits, mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, turmeric, lime juice, salt, and chopped coriander. Now what we have to do is, put the flattened rice (Poha) in a sieve and wash it with a clean water or tap water gently for 3-4 minutes and keep it aside to drain. Now, take a pan and heat the oil in that pan on a medium/low flame. When the oil is perfectly hot, add some mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, and fry it till the spluttering of these ingredients stops and then add the chopped onion and fried it until it becomes soft or brownish in color. Now, add some peanuts or dry fruits and potatoes and frequently stirring it and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
Now take that Poha or flattened rice which you already cleaned it with water and drain it completely to remove all the water and add it to the pan in which you already prepared a mixture of all ingredients and then add a pinch of turmeric powder and stir well to blend or mix all the ingredients perfectly. Cooked it for another few more minutes by covering the pan with some plates, then turn off the flame and pour some lime juice over the Poha and mix it well. Your Poha is ready. We can also garnish it with some chopped coriander and serve it with some mint-coriander sauce. Like the above recipe, you can try the different kind of variants In Poha preparation such as Plain Poha, Paneer Poha, Vegetable Poha, Snack Poha, Diet Poha, jaggery Poha, Aval Nanachathu (Sweet Poha), and many other which you can try according to your taste.
Benefits of Poha:
• Poha is very healthy for those who want a fat-free, Lactose-free, and healthy meal for a breakfast every morning.
• One of the excellent benefits of Poha is that it is easily digested by our body. So, Poha is best option to take it in the morning.
• It is Gluten free so it can be easily consumed by those who are allergic to wheat products and also consumed by a diabetic person too.
• It contains Vitamin B which are able to help us from balancing the blood sugar level.
• Adding peanuts in the Poha makes the Poha as a good source of antioxidants and protein which are very helpful for our body.
• It contains iron and adding lemon in a Poha making process gives us a better taste and also help us in improving iron absorption. As we all know that iron in a body plays an important role in maintaining hemoglobin level and we get able to get sufficient amount of iron from Poha.
• Poha will able to supply a good amount of energy to our body and it will stave off hunger craving as it contains vital nutrients like Fibre, Protein, Carbohydrate.
• When we add a different kind of vegetables in Poha preparation so that it will pack with lots of Vitamins and Minerals, and make it more protein-rich we can also add sprouts or eggs to Poha to make a protein-rich meal for you. We can also give Poha in a lunch box of our children.
Price of Poha:
The price of 500-gram pack of Poha is Rs. 45. You can also buy it directly from bazaarcart.com at a price of Rs. 39.