Rajma is coming in the category of Legumes and are considered to be one of the best legumes for everyone. It is very popular because of its healthy nutritional facts, great taste, texture, and flavor. It is known as by the name Kidney Beans in English. It is often called Rajma Beans. They are coming dark and light red in color and looks a shape of a kidney. Rajma contain antioxidant properties which help to fight several diseases and promote a healthy and strong immunity.
Rajma or Kidney Beans are the good substitute in a plate of Vegetarians as they are full of Protein, Potassium, Iron, Carbohydrate, and Fibre which are very helpful vital nutrients to our body.
In an Indian dishes, Rajma is incomplete without Rajma Masala which gives us an authentic or fresh taste with a fragrant mix of Indian spices. It is a balanced mix of various spices that gives vegetable curries especially Rajma or Kidney Beans a mild and subdued flavor. This masala is prepared by grinding or blending various spices like Coriander, Ginger, Red Chilies, Cumin, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Big Cardamom, Dry Mango, Bay leaves, Clove, Salt, Long Pepper, Dry Pomegranate, mace, tartaric acid, and turmeric.
Nutritional Facts or Calories in Rajma:
Below are some beneficial nutritional facts of Rajma per 100 grams of serving: Protein: 8.67 grams Carbohydrate: 22.8 grams Fibre: 6.4 grams Fat: 0.5 grams Sugar: 0.32 grams Cholesterol: 0.0mg Sodium: 1mg Potassium: 405mg Calories: 127Kcal Energy: 566KJ
Protein in Rajma:
Rajma carries approximately 8.67 grams of protein per 100 grams of serving a time which is excellent to provide us more energy to our body.
Just like Rajma or Kidney Beans, Lobiya is also coming under the category of Legumes. They are popularly known for its taste, its nutritional value, and flavor. They look like a shape of an Oval with a black eye on it and that’s why it is often called as black-eyed peas. In many places, Lobiya or Lobia is popularly known as Cowpeas. It comes in various colors like Creamy White, Red, Black, Brown, etc.
Benefits of Lobiya:
• Cowpeas or Lobiya contain Lignin which is a group of phytoestrogens that help to keep away various diseases like Cancer, Hypertension, Stroke, etc.
• It helps to treat our stomach, spleen, and pancreas related problems and these cowpeas can help to calm the working of bowel in our body.
• Lobiya is rich in protein which is very good for our skin that accelerates the process of skin repair and makes your skin healthy as well.
• It is an excellent source of getting Fibre and protein which plays a vital role in reducing the amount of cholesterol and able to maintain a balance of blood level in a body because of its low-glycemic property.
• Because of essential nutrients in Lobiya, it provides a good amount of energy to our body.
• It is helpful for a diabetic person because it contains Fibre and can regulate or maintain our blood sugar level.
• It prevents us from hair loss, delays signs of aging, and also able to treats cardiovascular ailments.