One of the most lovable drink by Indians in summers. You may quickly found a Thandai in an Indian kitchen whether purchased or homemade. Basically, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh are famous for the thandai drink, but you may not likely find it everywhere in India during Summers. Also, there are a variety of sharbats and thandai. But khus sharbat, Kokam sharbat, and amla sharbat are the most liked one. If talking about thandai than Haldiram thandai and Guruji Keseria thandai are the favorite of the Indians.
The best drink anyone can ever enjoy in mostly in summers is the THANDAI. It also has a standard name as SARDAI. It is a delicious Indian cold drink made with natural ingredients. The thandai recipe is purely Indian and made of dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, fennel seeds, rose petals, magaztari, pepper, saffron, sugar, cardamom, vetiver seeds and milk powder. The drinks are highly celebrated in India, majorly in the Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, the biggest states of India. It is highly consumed on the festivals like Holi and Maha Shiv Ratri( The night of Lord Shiva).
Locally it is made of various natural ingredients and also has hundreds of variety but some of the very famous thandai drink which are highly renowned and consumed throughout the year are below.
It has variety in itself and very popular among Indians. Haldiram is a famous Indian brand famous for its Indian made Namkeen and Biscuits. You can taste the pleasant flavor of thandai drinks manufactured naturally by Haldiram.
One of the other famous Indian Brand but the specialty of the brand is its thandai only. Guruji agency prepares just drinks like thandai and sharbats only. People of India are like mad for the Guruji thandai drink. It is also available in different flavors like Kokam sharbat, khus sharbat, bel sharbat, and amla sharbat. The most common ingredients used in Guruji and even in other thandai is Almonds only.
1. Plain Thandai:
Commonly or locally know as Badaam thandai. It is also a traditional drink which is made with a variety of exotic nuts and dry fruits and spices herbs grown majorly in India.
2. Badaam Kesar Thandai:
The main component used to prepare the drink is Almond ( Badaam) and Saffron (Kesar). The drink is highly consumed in summers as it is served with full of ice in the glass and cold milk creams.
3. Rose thandai:
This is one of its kind and very rarely made by some particular providers. It is a very delectable type of thandai which is finely prepared by the rose essence and rose petals.
4. Mango Thandai:
For a perfect summer drink, the thandai providers made it little more squashy by adding the mango puree to the regular thandai. It gives you the chilling blast of the mango fruit with the essence of nuts and milk cream.
Thandai Sherbat or drinks are favorites of everyone but if you want the real essence and the taste of it than it is must that you should know the perfect way of how to make it at your home.
However, this Thandai recipe should be made without bhaang(nicotine free).
Mostly who all are fond of milk and milk product will love the thandai lot. Moreover, some people don't use milk for tea but likes to have a thandai in summers.
So here the secret to making a plain and smooth thandai at home stepwise:
• Grab some handful of Almonds, poppy seeds, rose petals, melon seeds, saffron, vetiver essence, cardamom, fennel seeds water, cashew, sugar, and pistachios.
• If you want to make a regular thandai than cut every ingredient into very tiny pieces or if you want a smooth thandai then smash them nicely after grinding and make a smooth paste of all the ingredients.
• Now boil the desired amount of milk and keep it simmering until it shows a little tightness in it.
• Now add some saffron powder and sugar to the boiling milk and boil it some more for a perfect mix.
• After taking it off from the stove mix the paste of the crushed dry fruits in the milk and shake it thoroughly.
• Now let the mixture come down, means let it cool down to average temperature and then pour it into a new mud pot and place in the refrigerator to be cooled or to make it more relaxed.
• After one hour take it out, and remember not to freeze the mixture.
• Serve the cold mud pot filled with thandai and enjoy the delightful taste.